- Papers submitted to the Bulletin must not have been published or simultaneously submitted elsewhere.
- Papers submitted to the Bulletin should not, for the most part, contain previously reported material. The overlap of contents between related papers should be kept to a minimum and normally should be confined to introductory/review sections.
- Authors should provide information and preprints on closely related papers that are not yet in the public domain. If deemed necessary to the review process, these related papers will be copied to reviewers.
- All authors of multiauthored manuscripts will be assumed to have been involved in the work, approved the paper, and agreed to its submission. One author will act as the corresponding author.
- Papers are reviewed for technical merit, quality of scientific content, and utility of the results for practicing geologists. Articles, E&P Notes, Geologic Notes, and Geohorizons papers are reviewed by two or more referees; Discussions and Replies are reviewed by an assigned Associate Editor and possibly by one or more referee.
- Reviewers are asked to treat papers as confidential material.
- The AAPG Editor's judgment with respect to suitability for publication is final.
- Oversized or color figures are published at the expense of the author. See Oversized or Color Figure Charges.
- AAPG is responsible for page layout and figure sizing for all accepted papers.
- Authors are responsible for reading and correcting galley proofs of their papers. Proof corrections are normally restricted to typesetting and printing errors. No content changes are allowed at galley proof stage.
New PDF File Available
Download Complete Submission Guidelines