Help AAPG fulfill its mission to disseminate the science, and help build, strengthen and expand the organization’s impact throughout the world – recruit your friends, colleagues and every geoscientist within your network to apply for membership.
In years past AAPG has sponsored several recruitment contests, as well as provided a reward-points program to encourage new membership. However, we have learned our most successful recruitment initiatives have been achieved through our most valuable resource – our members.
Do you know someone who isn’t currently receiving the benefits and recognition of belonging to the world’s largest geological organization? Encourage them to join AAPG today. Applying is easier than ever via our online applications.
Need help with recruiting tips or need a reminder of AAPGs membership benefits? Read on!
Look for potential members …
- In your society.
- In your own company.
- At oil and gas industry events.
- At social gatherings.
Tell potential members about …
- The many goods and services offered by AAPG, including 'member only' discounts and offerings.
- The great networking opportunities at AAPG conferences.
- Our Graduated Dues Program. Qualifying members can save up to 75 percent on AAPG annual dues based on each individual’s ability to pay (i.e. their annual gross income). Unlike other professional societies whose dues structures are tied to the World Bank, the AAPG dues program has three levels of dues (no proof of income is required), is honor based and bound by AAPG’s Code of Ethics.
- The Bulletin.
- The Explorer (hand them a copy).
- The exciting opportunity to be involved in various committees, groups (technical interest groups and special interest groups) and leadership roles. Get involved and help direct the Association’s future.
- AAPG’s online Career Center – our job and résumé posting service. Be sure to check out the resources offered to help with every stage of your career.
- The Member registry: detail your area(s) of expertise, identify and connect with others who share your interest, training and experience.
- Search and Discovery – AAPG's online journal.
- Combined publications database – a Datapages and Affiliated Society program.
- Your society meetings and invite them to functions.
- The Distinguished Lecture, Visiting Geoscientists and Student Chapter programs.
- The many good works of the AAPG Foundation.
- Short courses, field trips and online learning available throughout the year.
- The AAPG Store (purchase books, digital products and more).
- Certification (petroleum geologist, petroleum geophysicist and coal geologist).
- And, tell them how AAPG has:
- Helped advance your career.
- Increased your technical knowledge.
- Values its members, key components to the AAPG professional community!
Research member benefits online.
Phone: U.S. and Canada call toll free: 1-800-364-2274, all others: 1-918-584-2555
Email contact: [email protected]