The IRC is a coordinating committee ultimately designed to provide sustainable growth in International membership at a minimum of 5% annually and maximum target of 20% annually. The IRC should provide a forum for helping generate and establish multiple services for individual regions. This includes:
- Recommend sites to the EC and AAPG staff for workshops, short courses, DL visits, field trips and regional conferences;
- Provide local or regional AAPG affiliated societies and contacts to host above events;
- Share best practices for hosting events;
- Provide contacts for potential AAPG student chapters to AAPG staff;
- Submit nominations to Advisory Council for elected officers, and honors and awards;
- Consider sites for potential local offices which might be capable becoming financially self-sustaining, either in cooperation with other societies or strictly as AAPG.