AAPG Special Publications
AAPG's mission is to provide members, other geoscientists, and, in some cases, nongeologists with timely and useful publications at the lowest possible cost. There are several series of books published by AAPG: Memoirs, Studies in Geology, Archie, Hedberg, Methods in Exploration, and general Special Publications. All AAPG publications go through a proposal and review process overseen by the AAPG Publications Committee and Elected Editor before being accepted for publication. AAPG publishes both hard copy and digital books, as well as hybrid combinations of hard copy and digital.
- Books assigned to the Memoir Series are broad in topic, or have global application. The AAPG Memoir Series is currently cited by Thomson Reuters ISI.
- Studies in Geology:
- Books assigned to the Studies Series are narrow in topic, or applicable locally or regionally only.
- Books assigned to the Archie Series are focused on the topic of formation evaluation. This Series was named after Gustave E. Archie, a pioneer in the area of formation evaluation.
- Books assigned to the Hedberg Series come directly from AAPG's Hedberg Conferences, and contain papers from presenters at those Conferences as well as papers relating to the Conference topic. The AAPG Hedberg Series will be included in Thomson Reuters ISI Web of Knowledge Conference Proceedings Publications.
- Methods in Exploration:
- Books assigned to the Methods Series focus on specific application processes and technology in exploration.
Occasionally, books will be published that do not fall into a Series category, and these are published as general Special Publications, with no series number.