Abstracts Guidelines and Speaker/Poster Instructions
General abstract submittal guidelines
Industry professionals and students are invited to submit abstracts for AAPG conferences and conventions during time periods posted for each specific event.
- Abstracts can be up to 2,500 characters and should cover objectives, procedures, results and conclusions.
- Titles are required — they should be brief and state the topic.
- Titles should not include company names.
- Presenters must refrain from making subtle or blatant sales pitches including but not limited to use of product names, trade names, pictures or company logo.
- Abstracts should be submitted in a publishable form, as they will not be edited.
- Presenters of accepted abstracts have the option to submit an extended version of their abstract, which will be reproduced on CD and distributed to professional registrants. Extended abstract can be 4 to 6 pages including figures, but must not exceed 6 pages. Detailed instructions and deadline information will be sent to accepted authors.
- Presenters are invited to publish their presentations on AAPG’s online Search and Discovery to preserve their work for future reference. All presentations subject to editorial approval.
Important: AAPG does not provide funds for speakers. Do not submit an abstract unless at least one author is certain to attend the conference.