Meredith Faber’s first love might be English literature but, as the daughter of a geologist, geology is a very close second! Born and raised in Texas, Meredith attended Trinity University in San Antonio where she joined AAPG as a student member in 2003. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and a Bachelor of Science degree in geosciences in 2005.
She went on to attend graduate school at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas, where she split her time between teaching oceanography lab classes, participating in various student organizations (including the SMU AAPG Student Chapter) and earning a doctoral degree in geology with an emphasis in stable isotope geochemistry. She completed her dissertation research on isotopic and ecological investigations of the land snail record and novel data management techniques in 2012.
After graduation, Meredith joined Swift Energy Company in Houston, Texas, to work in exploration in onshore South Texas. Meredith moved to Noble Energy in 2014 and currently works in the Marcellus Business Unit. She credits AAPG with providing the opportunities that resulted in her present career path and considers it a privilege to give back to the Association by serving as the Young Professionals Committee co-chair. In addition to AAPG, she is a member of GSA, SEG, the Phi Beta Kappa Society and the Houston Geological Society.
Outside the office, Meredith enjoys Pilates, swimming, volunteering and long-form improv comedy. She is also an avid amateur wildlife photographer, with a particular penchant for insects, snails, slugs and spiders.
- 2012: Ph.D., Geology, Southern Methodist University
- 2005: B.A., English, Trinity University
- 2005: B.S., Geosciences, Trinity University
Noble Energy, Houston
- 2014-present: Geologist, Noble Energy, Houston, Texas, USA
- 2012-14: Geoscientist, Swift Energy Company, Houston, Texas, USA
- 2009: Summer Internship, Swift Energy Company, Houston, Texas, USA
- 2008: Summer Internship, Nexen Petroleum U.S.A., Inc., Dallas, Texas, USA
- 2007: Summer Internship, Nexen Petroleum U.S.A., Inc., Dallas, Texas, USA
- Faber, M., YPs Stampede into Calgary: Highlights from YP Events at ACE 2016: AAPG Explorer, vol. 37, no. 8, August 2016, p. 32-33.
- Allen, J., Faber, M., and Lemiski, R., YPs Urge Unemployed to Persevere: AAPG Explorer, vol. 37, no. 3, March 2016, p. 22.
- Faber, M., Finding Opportunity in Downturn: AAPG Explorer, vol. 36, no. 11, November 2015, p. 41.
- Allen, J,. and Faber, M., It's the End of YPs as We Know It and We Feel Fine: AAPG Explorer, vol. 36, no. 10, October 2015, p. 4.
- Allen, J., and Faber, M., ACE Offers Networking Opportunities for YPs: AAPG Explorer, vol. 36, no. 6, June 2015, p. 34.
- Faber, M., YPs: Resolve to Get Involved: AAPG Explorer, vol. 36, no. 2, February 2015, p. 47.
- Faber, M., Improving Retention, Engagement: AAPG Explorer, vol. 35, no. 12, December 2014, p. 50-51.
- Faber, M., YP Membership, Activities Are Booming: AAPG Explorer, vol. 35, no. 7, July 2014, p. 50-51.
- Faber, M., and Lagrilliere, N., YPs Draw Texas-Sized Crowd at Houston ACE: AAPG Explorer, vol 35., no. 6, June 2014, p. 48.
- Lagrilliere, N., Faber, M., Ball, R., and Campbell, C., Young Professionals Eager to See Simplification: AAPG Explorer, vol. 35, no. 3, March 2014, p. 56-57.
- Faber, M., Change at the Top: Meet Some New YP Leads: AAPG Explorer, vol. 34, no. 12, December 2013, p. 52-53.
- Faber, M., Enter the Young: YPs Making an Impact - NOW: AAPG Explorer, vol. 34, no. 10, October 2013, p. 40, 44.
- Ragini, R., Campbell, C., and Faber, M., YP 'Meets' Prove Effective: AAPG Explorer, vol. 33, no. 11, November 2012, p. 62.