Discovery Thinking Forum, ACE 2013 Pittsburgh
Integrated Reservoir Evaluation as a Means for Unlocking Maximum Resource Value in an Unconventional Reservoir: Niobrara Formation, DJ Basin, Colorado. Discovery Thinking talk given by Marshall Deacon and Robert Lieber at AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, May 20, 2013.
- The Niobrara is areally extensive in northeastern Colorado and adjacent states.
- Thermal history parallels GOR trends.
- Traditional petrophysical workflows, with added rigor where needed, will allow full scale reservoir evaluation.
- There is a correlation between geologic rock types and log response.
- Conventional stratigraphic nomenclature does not always relate to subsurface rock properties.
- 3D seismic decreases operations and targeting risk.
- Opportunities for dynamic geosteering.
- Static and dynamic reservoir modeling.
- Integrated data gathering resulted in increased OOIP estimates and actual recovery.