This program will pay the membership dues of an Active AAPG Student Chapter Faculty Advisor at a maximum North America standard dues level, currently US$ (125.00) or US$ (145.00) for those outside North America.
Under this program Chevron will pay the dues of any AAPG Member that serves and remains an AAPG Student Chapter Faculty Advisor if the member so elects. Only one Faculty Advisor per Chapter may be covered under this program at any given time.
Your contact information: Name, School where Chapter is located, and Chapter’s mailing address may be sent by AAPG to Chevron if you elect to have Chevron pay your dues under the Program.
To Qualify for Sponsorship
A Faculty Advisor’s dues sponsorship may be renewed each year under this program under two conditions:
- Confirmation of the Student Chapter’s Executive Committee that the individual is serving as the Chapter’s Faculty Advisor.
- Complete the Faculty Advisor Request for Sponsorship form. You will need your AAPG Member number.
Additionally, the following Student Chapter qualifications must be met:
- Your chapter must have at least six AAPG Student members within your geoscience department. (Note: The chapter may start now with six (6) members, but must have nine (9) by the end of one year.)
- As Faculty Advisor you must be a ‘Member’ or ‘Associate’ of AAPG and a professor at the university.
- Existing Student Chapters must have submitted an annual report of activities. To manage your chapter or for more information visit the Manage Student Chapter page.
The sponsorship included in this program is for Membership Dues Only, and additions such as airmail publication options, or Divisional Membership shall remain the responsibility of the individual member.
Information on standard dues payment.
AAPG operates on a fiscal year of July 1 through June 30.