The Student Chapter YouTube video contest returns for 2013 in time for ACE Pittsburgh! – Deadline quickly approaching.
After a successful trial at last year’s AAPG ACE meeting in Long Beach, CA with Suez Canal capturing the top video prize:
Student YouTube Videos Report Good Vibes
The AAPG Student Chapter Committee would like to announce that the 2013 AAPG Student Chapter YouTube competition is now underway and will award $1,000 for the top video, $300 for 2nd and $100 for 3rd place.
To participate please have your chapter create a video and upload it to YouTube. Then send the link to Mike Mlynek at AAPG
- Videos should highlight your Chapter and your activities.
- Videos should not be longer than 3 minutes.
- Only 1 video entry per AAPG Student Chapter.
- Each member of the Student Chapter Committee will be allowed to vote
- Also one at large vote will be determined by “popular vote” determined by number of likes of the video once posted to the AAPG Student Programs Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/AAPGStudentPrograms
- A second popular vote will be taken from number of views and/or likes of the video on YouTube.
- Deadline to submit your video for consideration: April 30th.
For a little inspiration and to see last year’s video please check them out at: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL07246E9E5EAA49FC
Awards to be given at the Student Chapter Reception at the AAPG Annual meeting in Pittsburgh, PA on Monday May 20th at the Westin Hotel from 6:00-8:00 p.m.