Deadline for Submissions: 11 October 2018
The American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG) and its Divisions, along with the Society for Sedimentary Geology (SEPM), the Austin Geological Society and the South Texas Geological Society are proud to host the AAPG 2019 Annual Convention & Exhibition (ACE) at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, Texas 19-22 May 2019. Submit your papers today! Your research, knowledge, and expertise are what helps our geoscience community navigate towards A Sustainable Future.
The Technical Program Committee encourages the submission of high quality abstracts with direct application to our industry. In particular, abstracts that deal with the most compelling and relevant play areas, both domestic and international, are the most desirable. We also encourage case studies that illustrate the successful implementation of new scientific techniques and technologies. Student participation is a priority—AAPG ACE is an invaluable opportunity to showcase graduate research that advances the industry.
AAPG’s new abstract management process requires you to use your AAPG.org username and password rather than creating a new login for a different site. If you’ve already created a username and password (e.g., to view EXPLORER articles, buy something from the store, or use other elements of AAPG.org), you’ll have an opportunity to login with that information by clicking the "Submit Abstracts Now" button above. If you do not have an AAPG.org username and password, whether or not you’re an AAPG member, click the "Submit Abstracts Now" button above, then click "Create Account." After you've created an account, return to the log in page to begin your submissions.
- Theme 1: Siliciclastic Systems
- Theme 2: Carbonates, Evaporites, and Mixed Systems
- Theme 3: Geochemistry, Basin Modeling, and Petroleum Systems
- Theme 4: Structure, Tectonics, and Geomechanics
- Theme 5: Unconventional Resources
- Theme 6: Energy Sustainability and the Environment
- Theme 7: Geophysics – What’s New and Innovative?
- Theme 8: Deep Integration of Data and Disciplines
- Theme 9: Exploration Frontiers, Energy Minerals, and Planetary Geology
- Theme 10: Business, Finance, and Regulatory Framework
- Theme 11: SEPM Research Symposium – A Look into the Future of Energy and Sustainability Using the Sedimentary Record
- Theme 12: History of Petroleum Geology
- Theme 13: AAPG and SEPM Student Research
Heading back to San Antonio for the first time in a decade, ACE 2019 looks to exceed its expectations and attract a global a global audience of some 7,500 professionals from more than 72 countries. ACE continues as one of the most prestigious events for the geosciences community with a tradition of delivering an exceptionally strong, juried technical program, state-of-the-art technology displays, and networking activities that create a dependable, fun and valuable business forum.
For more information or questions please contact:
Technical Programs Coordinator
Tel: +1 918 560 2641
Technical Programs Coordinator
Tel: +1 918 560 2631