Instructed by Larry Chorn PhD, MBA, a 30+ year veteran in the upstream oil and gas business, AAPG Short Course Petroleum Economics takes place 8 March 2017 in Denver, Colorado. This course is an excellent opportunity for all geoscientists, engineers and young professionals to update and/or expand their ability to analyze the economics of projects or existing production.
Learn the why’s and how’s of making investment decisions (i.e., whether and which projects to fund, in an oil and gas company) and better understand the key fundamental principles of petroleum economics
- The value of money
- Quantifying financial risks in petroleum investments
- Rate of return
- Forecasting cash flows
- Fundamentals of capital budgeting
- Preparing a project proposals
- Drafting an Authorization for Expenditure request
- How management makes the funding decisions
- And more!
REGISTER ONLINE NOW!
- Regular Fee
$295.00 - Student/Young Professional/Laid-off Geoscientists Fee
Tuition includes Digital Course Notes and Refreshments.
Please remember to bring a pen, calculator and business cards to class with you.
See what others have said about this course in the past
"This course was great and the instructor phenomenal!"
- "This was a very good course. I’d like to see an extended version offered soon."
- "Mr. Chorn was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic."