Save the new dates for the upcoming Source Rocks of the Middle East: A World Class Resource for Unconventional? GTW taking place now from 26-28 September 2022 in Manama, Bahrain.
The event will focus on the geological aspects of the unconventional revolution, which is vital to ensure successful Exploration, Appraisal and subsequently Development of the basins in the region. The technical program aims to cover a wide range of topics, specifically relevant to the Middle East Region, from the basinal scale down to the cores level.
The GTW will feature the following sessions:
- Session 1: Stratigraphy and Sedimentology of Source Rocks in the Middle East Region
- Session 2: Existing Practices and Advances in Basin Modeling
- Session 3: Source Rocks Geochemistry
- Session 4: Source Rocks Geomechanics
- Session 5: Petrophysical Evaluation of Source Rocks
- Session 6: Unconventional Geophysics for Unconventional Plays
The day prior to the commencement of the workshop, attendees will have the chance to participate in the short course ‘Petrophysics of Unconventional Shale Plays. From Basic Concepts to Latest Techniques’ instructed by Alberto Ortiz, Net Zero Carbon Solutions. The proposed course will focus on providing key knowledge for a better characterization of the rock both in the aspects related to the matrix represented by mineralogy and kerogen as well as the fluids present. The approach will be based on the convergence of different technologies that support and give robustness to the results. Registration deadline for the course is 25th August 2022.