This e-symposium introduces you to the practical benefits of thermal profiling for a variety of unconventional oil and gas projects, including tight gas sands, oil shale, low-gravity oil. You will learn the basics of thermal profiling and how fiber optic-based thermal profiling systems are designed and deployed from Mikko Jaaskelainen and Jack Angel, recognized experts in the field. Mikko and Jack will continue with examples of data visualization and interpretation. Finally, the session wraps up with practical information related to getting started with thermal profiling. You will have a chance to ask Mikko and Jack questions, and you will receive a resource packet which consists of readings for a full day of independent study.
- Basics of Thermal Profiling
- Applications for & Benefits of Thermal Profiling in Unconventional O&G Reservoirs
- Fiber Optic-Based Sensor Deployment
- Data Visualization and Interpretation
- Getting Started – What you Need to Know
CEUs are available if you attend the e-symposium, read the independent study materials, and return a questionnaire.