Regional and Topical Themes
This conference concentrated on the petroleum systems of the Paratethys from a hydrocarbon exploration and geoscience perspective. The geographic focus will be on the Pannonian, Black Sea, Caspian Sea basins and various Alpine folded belts and their foredeep/foreland basins in the same region including the Alps, Carpathians, Balkans, Pontides, Crimea and the Caucasus. There are many exploration topics which are unique to the Paratethys region which are captured in the session themes listed below.
- Petroleum systems of the Paratethys: what is proven and what is speculative?
- The Maykop Formation and its equivalents in the Paratethys: a regional overview
- Sequence stratigraphy in the Paratethys and correlation issues with the global stages
- Improving the stratigraphic resolution within the Paratethys
- The signature of the Messinian sea-level drop in the Paratethys
- Paleogeographic changes in the Paratethys related to the evolution of marine connections
- Case studies of application of geochemistry and basin modelling in the Paratethys region
- The folded belts of the Paratethys: case studies from the Alps to the Caucasus
- Unconventional exploration targets in the Paratethys region
- Yet-to-find studies in various parts of the Paratethys
See Archive Web Site