Discovery Thinking Forum, ICE 2012 Singapore
Creative Thinking Led to 40 Years of Success in Mahakam, Indonesia. Discovery Thinking talk given by Bernard Duval at AAPG International Conference and Exhibition in Singapore, September 18, 2012.
- First Period of Exploration and Development
- Hunting for the Structural Play ...and more than that
- Second Period
- Rethinking the Petroleum System
- Finding a New Giant
- Third Period
- Follow-up, still in progress...
- Establishing a New Field Model
- Improved Seismic Resolution
- Hydrodynamics at Work in the Mahakam --
Main Drivers of Success
- The "Hard Skills"
- Regional perspective, re-questioning of the
petroleum system & field model
- Out-of-the-box thinking with relativistic view of past “dry” wells
“what if” approach
- Well focused application of technological advances
- The “Soft Skills”
- Tenacity & power of conviction
- Fundamental optimistic attitude
- Strong team spirit
- Proactive management that really wants to drill exploration wells