I am honored to be nominated as a candidate for secretary/editor of the AAPG House of Delegates. The HoD plays a very important role in determining the direction of the AAPG, both in seeking out and vetting potential AAPG members, and in discussing and ultimately deciding the future of the organization through changing the Bylaws. As Secretary of the House of Delegates, I will strive to do the best job possible in keeping accurate records of the important work of the House.
Academic Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D. geology, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Ala.
- M.S. geology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
- B.S. geology, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Fla.
- Licensed Professional Geologist, Texas
- 2000-Present Consulting geoscientist, exploration and production projects worldwide and domestic United States
- 2007 Chief geoscientist, Rocksource, exploration and development, East Texas
- 1997-2000 Landmark Graphics, designed SeisWorks training and trained trainers
- 1994-96 Consulting geoscientist, prospect exploration, taught course in IES Basin Modeling software
- 1987-94 Amoco Production Co., senior geologist, Gulf of Mexico Deepwater, Norwegian new ventures, Mexico new ventures
- 1980-84 Gulf Oil, exploration geologist, new ventures U.S. domestic and international
Other Professional Societies
- Member, Houston Geological Society since 1983
- Offices held in HGS: Continuing Education Committee chair, editor, vice president, president (1999-2000)
- Member, Society Independent Professional Earth Scientists (SIPES), currently chair of public relations
- 2010-Present Member, House of Delegates (term expires 2016)
- 2014 AAPG annual convention vice co-chair
- 2002-07 Member, House of Delegates
- 2006 Continuing Education chair, AAPG annual convention, Houston