Articles are papers of major extent and contain detailed geoenvironmental data that support original interpretations or methods.
Discussions and Replies
Discussions and Replies pertain to articles published in Environmental Geosciences, are brief, to the point, and are not to exceed six (6) pages, including figures and tables. Longer text is subject to approval by the DEG Editor-in-Chief.
The DEG Editor-in-Chief makes the final decision concerning the acceptance or rejection of a paper. Papers are reviewed by two or more referees for technical merit, quality of scientific content, and utility of the results for practicing geologists. Discussions and Replies are reviewed by the DEG Editor-in-Chief.
The DEG Editor-in-Chief will consider on a case by case basis papers that exceed normal page limits for articles. Authors are requested to contact the Editor-in-Chief ([email protected]) before submitting.
Submit papers online through Editorial Manager®. Using EM, authors can track the progress of their papers from submission to publication.
Please contact the journal office for submission questions.
Organize papers as follows.
- Author(s) and address(es)
- References Cited
- Figure captions (separate from text)
- Figures and Tables (separate from text)
- Use metric units of measure with the English unit equivalent in parentheses or, conversely, English units with metric equivalents in parentheses. Laboratory measurements do not require conversions.
- Do not use abbreviations except for units of measure.
- Limit the use of acronyms.
- Cite figures in numerical order.
- Cite all references and include complete information for each citation in "References Cited" section.
- Limit the length of the abstract to no more than 250 words.
- Follow the North American Stratigraphic Code (see the AAPG Bulletin, v. 89, no. 11, p. 1547–1591, or online at http://ngmdb.usgs.gov/Info/NACSN/Code2/code2.html).
- Order references alphabetically. Order multiple listings by the same author(s) by date (earliest first).
- Single author journal article: Author's last name, initials, year, title of paper: full name of journal, v. x, p. xx–xx.