Continuing the theme of the 2013 Hedberg Conference, 3D Structural Geologic Interpretation: Earth, Mind, and Machine, this years Hedberg conference will focus on technologies and techniques for enhancing and extracting compelling visualizations of stratigraphic and gemorphological interpretations. The purpose of this technical conference is to enhance cooperation and exchange ideas about interpretation visualization. Attendee will have the opportunity to interact with leading research scientists to network, share knowledge, and identify future collaborations and opportunities. The conference is divided into 6 technical sessions that cover a variety of related topics such as integrated interpretation workflows, enhancing data quality, dynamic systems and many more. Join us June 1-5, 2014 in Houston, Texas at the Norris Conference Center. For more information: Hedberg Research Conference
- Session: Multi-Discipline Approaches
- Session: New Technologies
- Session: Methods for Visualization Interpretation
- Session: Methods – Modeling and Chronostratigraphy
- Session: Methods – Cross Discipline Integration
- Session: Examples and Case Studies
Visualization technology and techniques enhance our ability to perceive the geology and petroleum systems being imaged by our data. Our geologic understanding is growing as we integrate three dimensional data from all disciplines. Technologies are evolving which continue to offer new, even revolutionary, attributes from our data. Multi-volume rendering is increasingly a part of interpretation workflows, as are time lapse and real time methods. Patterns and interpretations are captured and exported to support quantitative modeling of production and drilling data for reservoir modeling, and for managing risk and environmental impact. In all this work, visualization is a key tool for integrating data and processes. It’s a vibrant and exciting time to be an interpreter. Join us in exploring and creating this new world: merging geology, geophysics, and technology to image and model the earth.
This technical conference will provide an opportunity for E&P interpreter’s to interact with leading research scientists to network, share knowledge, and identify opportunities for further collaboration. To foster innovation through adjacency, a cross-disciplinary session featuring presenters from Baylor Medical Research, NASA, Big Data, Architecture, and Journalism will lead off the research conference. A best of conference review will cover presentations from the 2013 Hedberg Conference, 3D Structural Geologic Interpretation: Earth, Mind, and Machine.
Technical themes for which speakers are invited to submit Interpretation Visualization strategies, methods, and techniques include:
- Non-Petroleum sectors (Medical, Journalism, Aeronautics, Construction, Entertainment, etc.)
- Data Domains (Time, Geologic Time, Depth, etc.) and Attributes
- Integrated Interpretation Workflows
- Stratigraphic, Geomorphologic, and Seismic Sedimentological Interpretation
- Enhancing Data Quality and Analysis
- Reservoir Characterization, Drilling and Production
- Dynamic systems
- Perception and Visualization Displays
- Looking to the future: 3D, Virtualization, Immersion, etc.
- Applications and Case Studies
* For registration and full event details please visit: HERE! *