Register now for this inaugural Geosciences Technology Workshop (GTW) in Israel, Exploration and Development of Siliciclastic and Carbonate Reservoirs in the Eastern Mediterranean.
Recent large gas discoveries offshore Israel, Cyprus, and Egypt highlight the Eastern Mediterranean area as a hotspot for global exploration. This underexplored region is experiencing a resurgence of E&P activity, underlain by the emergence of new plays, both siliciclastic and carbonate. Our understanding of the complex geology and different petroleum systems of the region, while studied for decades, is still evolving, as new concepts are being tested, new data is being acquired, and old data being revisited. Not unlike other regions, the development of discoveries here poses interesting challenges too, with sources-to-markets spanning large distance, complex bathymetry, and high perceived entry costs.
This 2-day workshop aims to:
- provide a broad platform for presenting and discussing the current understanding of the petroleum geology of the region
- encompass themes associated with the full life cycle of its plays and reservoirs
- provide an opportunity to integrate academia with industry across the Central and Eastern Mediterranean
Three field trips will be taking place before and after the workshop on 25 and 28 February, presenting some of the geological attractions of the region and highlighting possible field analogs of the carbonate and siliciclastic reservoirs of the Levant Basin. Preliminary details for the trips are below:
| || |
|Dead Sea Lake Shore ||Mount Carmel Carbonate Buildup ||Northern Negev Eroded Anticline |
|Structural elements and Cretaceous to Neogene stratigraphic units exposed in the southwestern margin of the Dead Sea Lake. ||Middle Cretaceous Carbonate platforms and Rudist-rich facies in the mountains of northern Israel. ||Syrian-Arc anticlines and stratigraphy of Jurassic, Cretaceous and Neogene shallow-marine to continental deposits outcropping in southern Israel. |
- A free Tel-Aviv walking tour is offered every Saturday at 11:00 a.m. from the Dan Panorama Hotel. You don’t need to sign up for it. Just go to the front desk and join the group.
- There is a Tel-Aviv daily bus tour every day at 9:45 a.m. except Saturday – you can sign up at the Dan Panorama hotel’s Concierge Department.
For additional group and private tours information, please contact the Concierge Department.
Please do not hesitate contacting the Concierge for any further assistance regarding restaurant reservations, diamond exchange visits, and transportation solutions.
Dan Panorama Tel Aviv Hotel
Additional Info and Questions:
Technical Programs Coordinator
Tel: +1 918 560 2641
Tel: +1 918 560 2683