Register Now for Super Basins 2018!
One of the new focuses of CERAWeek, held 5-9 March, this year was the topic of Super Basins. These basins are historic producers that with today’s technology can produce billions of barrels more over the next decade. Join the experts and learn how to get your piece of this amazing opportunity.
What to Expect at the Super Basins Conference
Big Thinking and Big Data
Use Big Data to identify the acreage that is cost effective and high producing with today’s technology.
Technologies and Techniques
Learn about the technologies and techniques that will maximize output from every well.
Reinvent How You Think About Basins
Practice 3-D thinking to envision source rocks, traps, and stacks…not just planes.
Join the Community
Join your super basin community and pool basin specific knowledge to make everyone more profitable.
Find Solutions in Existing Science
Discover global analogues from the world’s most petroliferous basins.
Use the links below to start planning for Super Basins 2018.
Super Basins 2018 Home
Great speakers spanning the globes greatest super basins!
- Super Basins, Bob Fryklund, Pete Stark, IHS Markit
- Permian Basin, Scott Sheffield, Pioneer
- Overview of the Greater Super Basin Concept and How it Might Evolve,
Scott W. Tinker, Tinker Energy Associates, LLC
- Appalachian Basin, William A. Zagorski, Range Resources
- Anadarko Basin, Rick Fritz, Council Oak
- Going Beyond the North American Mudrock Super Basin Plays:
The Unconventional Development of Conventional Reservoirs,
Richard K. Stoneburner, Pine Brook Partners
- Williston Basin, Mark Williams, Whiting Petroleum Corporation
- The Western Canada Basin, A Confluence of Science,
Technology, and Ideas, Paul MacKay, Shale Petroleum Ltd.
- California, San Joaquin, Kurt Neher, Berry Petroleum Company, LLC
- Alaska – North Slope, David Houseknecht, USGS
- Gulf of Mexico Offshore Evolution of Past, Present,
and Future Plays, Cindy Yeilding, BP America
- Americas Unconventional Energy Opportunity – An Update,
David Gee, The Boston Consulting Group
- Mexico, Tampico-Misantla Basin and Sur Este Basin,
Mark Shann, Sierra Oil and Gas
- Neuquén Basin, Carlos Macellari, Tecpetrol
- North Sea, John Underhill, Heriot-Watt University
- The Arabian Basins: Prolific Producers with Bright Futures,
Ibraheem Assa’ adan, Saudi Aramco
- North Africa – a rejuvenated Super Basin,
Jonathan Craig, Andrea Cozzi, ENI
- Brazil Pre Salt, Santos Basin, Mario Carminatti, Petrobras
- Western Siberia, Alexei V. Milkov, Colorado School of Mines,
Vladimir Vyssotsky, BP Russia, Andrei S. Bochkov, GazpromNeft
- COP Operator Stimulated Rock Volume, Greg Leveille, ConocoPhillips
- Super Basins, Super Data, Super Results, Shandell Szabo, Anadarko
- Big Picture Geophysics and Reservoir Packages, Brian Horn, ION
Mix with the Experts
Super Basins is a great place to meet and mix with the presenters and attendees who know the globe’s great basins the best. Numerous meals and mixers are provided to ensure you have the one-on-one time you need to ask your questions, develop new relationships, and discuss new opportunities.
So what are Super Basins?
Super basins are the world’s most richly endowed petroleum basins each with at least 5 BBOE produced and more than 5 BBOE left to produce. With multiple source rocks, multiple plays, and well-established infrastructure, the top 25 global basins hold potential for 100s of BBOE future resources thanks to ongoing technological innovations.