The Torarica Group of Hotels, host of AAPG’s Suriname 2024 Technical Symposium, is pleased to confirm special rates to attendees
Torarica Hotel Resort
||US$156.50 / US$179.50 per night
||US$191.50 / US$215.50 per night
Royal Torarica Hotel
||US$170.50/ US$193.50 per night
||US$215.50 / US$238.50 per night
*Note: Hotels are side by side in the same location.
- Breakfast buffet
- Service charge
- Utility fee
- Complimentary Wireless Internet in all rooms & public areas
- Complimentary Hotel Toiletries
- 1.5 liters of water daily
- Free shuttle service from and to the international airport
- One daily non-alcoholic or Alcoholic drink at the bar
- 25% discount on massage
To make a reservation using the event rate, please contact [email protected] and mention code “AAPG”.
Authentic cultures, an enchanting interior, and unique people from many different origins in one place: Paramaribo!
With a population of roughly 241,000 people, Paramaribo, a former 17th and 18th Century Dutch colonial town, is the capital and largest city of Suriname. Paramaribo’s historic center has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2002. Its buildings illustrate the gradual fusion of Dutch architectural influence with traditional local techniques and materials.
Enjoy this beautiful gem of a city while attending AAPG’s Suriname 2024 Technical Symposium!
While the official language is Dutch, English is widely spoken and understood by most people in Suriname. You might also hear Sranantongo on the streets of Paramaribo, which is an English based creole language.
The average temperatures in Paramaribo in January range from 75°F (23°C) and 84°F (29°C), with 81% humidity. Visitors should drink water regularly to remain hydrated.
The Surinamese dollar (SRD) has been the currency of Suriname since 2004. $1 USD is equivalent to approximately $14.15 SRD.
In Paramaribo some of the ATMs will accept international credit and debit cards and dispense Surinamese Dollars. If you plan to exchange cash in Suriname, bring US dollars or Euros.
Things to Do
- Visit the well-restored Fort Zeelandia
- Marvel at works of art at Readytex Art Gallery
- Discover the South American wildlife at Paramaribo Zoo
- Visit the magnificent Neveh Shalom Synagogue
- Spend some quality time with friends or family at the Palmentuin
- Admire the Dutch architecture of the Presidential Palace of Suriname
- Visit Saint Peter and Paul Cathedral
- Take a boat tour of the Commewijne River
Visa and Health Regulations
Since July 2022, all travelers wishing to visit Suriname for Tourism purposes (for up to 90 days), are required to pay an Entry Fee ($25USD) to be admitted to the territory. Depending on your nationality, you might require a visa as well.
Please review the following link for eligibility: https://suriname.vfsevisa.com/suriname/online/home/who-can-apply-for-e-tourist-card
COVID 19 and Yellow fever vaccinations are required for entry to Suriname. Vaccinations for Hepatitis A and B, Malaria, Measles, Rabies, and Typhoid are also widely recommended. Please check with your local embassy for further information.