Please be advised, due to the current COVID-19 situation, the AAPG Canada Region committee has decided to postpone the Machine Learning Workshop to August 19th, 2020. This decision was made for the health and safety of our members, volunteers, event attendees and employees.
For those who have registered already, you will automatically be transferred to the new date. We continue to monitor the progress of the COVID-19 situation in Alberta and the government regulations pertaining to events. Should the situation change, and we require to postpone this event again, we will notify you immediately.
We seek your understanding for the inconvenience caused and we look forward to your continued support.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact .
- Date and Time:
- April 8th, 2020 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Aquitaine Tower Conference Room (geoLOGIC systems Classroom) 540 5th Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 0M2
- Laptop with Course Software downloaded & installed prior to the course – links will be provided to registered attendees.
About the Workshop
Machine Learning is an increasingly important tool for geoscientists. This one-day workshop demonstrates the implementation of a tailored End-to-End Upstream E & P workflow solution using Machine Learning (ML). It is intended for basic to intermediate skill levels.
Designed to provide a baseline overview of ML, this hands-on workshop will focus on the generation of synthetic Gamma-Ray Logs by applying Artificial Intelligence (AI) Techniques.
The student will learn the various aspects of deploying this workflow in an end-to-end solution. The workshop is designed to provide an appreciation of what is possible through machine learning and to spur thought about how this evolving tool can be otherwise applied.
Why Attend this Workshop
- Learn how to:
- Identify use case and pain points
- Identify and collect the relevant data
- Build/train & test the ML model using Python
- Validate the model results by Domain Experts
- Build the solution and operationalize it
- Watch a demo of a working end-to-end Machine Learning solution
- Engage in an open discussion with like-minded professionals
- Earn 8 APEGA CPD Credits
- Network with peers and colleagues from the geoscience community
- CSPG/AAPG Member Rate
- $250 +gst
- Non-Member Rate
- $300 +gst
- Student Rate
- $50 +gst
Note: Registration closes: April 2nd @ 4:00pm
No refunds available. Substitutes acceptable. Please email for more information.