High CO2, High Contaminant Challenging Fields and Alternative Energy - Impact and Monetization - Call for Abstract submission ends on 30 May, 2020. This joint AAPG/EAGE event wil be held in Ipoh, Perak (Malaysia) from 5-7 November 2020. [5th and 7th are half days].
Submit your abstracts now for this exciting two-day workshop (GTW) focused on best practices, risk-based planning, and the role geoscientists and engineers will play in these changing times. Suggested sessions found below.
- Session 1 – CO2 (and contaminant like H₂S, mercury etc.) origin, prediction, and quantification in the exploration phase
- Session 2 – High CO2 (and contaminant) fields – Opportunities and challenges (appraisal and development phase)
- Session 3 – Unlocking high CO2 (and contaminant) fields – Key enablers (technology vs risk-based planning), best practice, and challenges
- Session 4 – CCUS Part 1 – Challenges, technology, and commercial viability
- Session 5 – CCUS (including H2S, mercury, helium etc.) Part 2 – Opportunity and risks for cross-industry collaborations
- Session 6 – CO2, high contaminant fields (like H₂S, mercury etc). and energy transition – Where does it fit?
- Session 7 – Roles of geoscientists and engineers in this changing energy future – Opportunities, challenges, and how to prepare for it
- Session 8 – Regulatory framework – Challenges and path to support CO2, high contaminant fields monetization
More information contact , Programs Manager, AAPG Asia Pacific