Christian J. Heine had three pre-arranged visits while he was in Beijing on July 6th – 11th. He visited The China University of Geosciences (over 50 attendees) on Monday the 7th and The China University of Petroleum (around ~100 attendees) on the 10th. Sinopec Research Institute (40 invited guests) was visited on the 10th.
The visits to the Universities were very successful. He gave 2-talks to each University lasting about 3-hours. The audience was made-up of Faculty, grad students & undergrads.
Christian J. Heine – Senior Geological Consultant Saudi Aramco & Vice-President, AAPG Middle East Region
(Chris) began his career with Mobil oil in Dallas in 1982, and after several U.S. postings joined Saudi Aramco as a Geologist in 1991 on loan from Mobil. In 1996 Chris joined Aramco permanently.
- He received a BSc. degree from Penn-State (1978)
- MSc. in Geology from the University of Tennessee (1984)
- MSc. in Petroleum Engineering at night school from Tulane University (1991)
- Successfully defended his Ph.D. in Geology from the University of Aberdeen in July 2004.
While on assignment in New Orleans, Chris was an Associate professor at Tulane in 1990 & 1991 in the Petroleum Engineering Department. He is an active member of the AAPG and the Dhahran Geoscience Society.
Chris has been the primary Geologist for the Unayzah reservoir development since 1991 starting with the Central Arabia trend ‘super light’ oil development; moved to Gas development in 1999 as a member of the special studies team in GFCD working the Unayzah and Jauf gas reservoirs and is now in the Up-Stream Ventures Department where the Unayzah is a primary target.
- Active member Dhahran Geoscience Society, served as Vice President in 1994, at last count lead >25 fieldtrips (Mada’in Saleh, Local sand dunes & Unayzah core workshop, Mastodon bones & Shaybah…)
- Organized the DGS short courses and core workshops for GEO 2006 & 2008
- Gave the Unayzah Aeolian core workshop in Geo 2006
- Received ‘Best oral paper’ in GEO Bahrain (2004 & 2006) and best poster in 2004.
- AAPG House Of Delegates member or alternate since 1994, and through 2010
- Session Chair AAPG international Perth 2006 and Cape Town 2008
- Technical Program Oral Session Co-Chair for the 2008 AAPG Cape Town Meeting
- International regions committee, Reservoir Development Committee & various other AAPG committees
- AAPG Middle East Vice President through 2010.