Another great addition to our AAPG Africa region 2022 events calendar! The upcoming AAPG Remaining Hydrocarbon Potential in Southern African Offshore Basins GTW scheduled to take place on 7-9 February 2022 in Cape Town, South Africa will provide a broad platform for presenting and discussing the understanding of the petroleum geology of Southern African Offshore Basins in Mozambique, Namibia, Tanzania, Angola and others.
The workshop will also provide an opportunity to integrate academic with industry players in Southern Africa to help establish Southern Africa as a vibrant and emerging prolific petroleum hub.
- SESSION 1: New Exploration Opportunities and Recent Advances in Southern African Offshore Basins
- SESSION 2: Exploring New Plays in a Challenging Environment
- SESSION 3: Worldwide Analogues to Better Understand the Deep Water of Southern African Basins
- SESSION 4: Infrastructure and Upstream Development Potential
- SESSION 5: Legislative Challenges, Local Content and Capacity Development
Field Trip Now Available
Join us for the field trip ‘Architectural Styles of Deep-Water Depositional Elements – Examples from the Southwestern Karoo Basin, South Africa’ taking place from 10 – 12 February 2022.
The prime objective of this field trip is to attempt a better understanding and appreciation of the depositional processes and facies distribution within fine-grained deep-water fan systems and the implication thereof for reservoir and non-reservoir distribution, their architecture, heterogeneity and quality.
Call for Poster Abstracts
You are invited to prepare a poster display for presentation. If you are interested in participating, please send a short abstract to by 7 January 2022. All posters will be produced as pull-up banners and delivered by AAPG. There will not be any other format available for poster display.