Open registration is now available for the Mudstone Diagenesis Research Conference that will be held at the Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza hotel, October 16-19, 2016.
The goal of this 2 1/2 day conference is to promote the free exchange of new ideas in an informal setting among leading experts from industry, academia, and government on the controls and impacts of inorganic and organic diagenesis on mudstone (shale) hydrocarbon generation, reservoir properties and seal quality.
The meeting will consist of 6 oral sessions with related posters.
Sunday, October 16
- Registration and Ice Breaker Reception
Monday, October 17
- Session 1: Starting Materials: recent sediments and thermally immature rocks. Chair: Kitty Milliken (BEG-UT Austin)
- Session 2: Mechanical Diagenesis: compaction, fluid expulsion and fracturing. Chair: Kitty Milliken (BEG-UT Austin)
Tuesday, October 18
- Session 3: Inorganic Chemical Diagenesis: porosity and mechanical property evolution. Chair: Neil Fishman (Hess)
- Session 4: Organic Diagenesis: organic matter-rock interactions during petroleum generation. Chair: Wayne Camp (Anadarko)
Wednesday, October 19 (half day)
- Session 5: Tools and Techniques: new advances and limitations. Chair: Wayne Camp (Anadarko)
- Session 6: Organic Matter: bridging the gap between optical & electron microscopic observations. Chair: Paul Hackley (USGS)
Contact for more information.