The purpose of this e-symposium is to enable participants to begin developing a conceptual understanding of successful exploration, and from that understanding develop their own philosophy of oil and gas finding. The e-symposium illustrates the application of modern creativity theory to petroleum exploration using case studies.
- What is creativity? How can it be applied to petroleum exploration?
- Which case studies best illustrate successful oil and gas exploration?
- What characterizes successful explorationists?
- Why are multi-disciplinary teams important to the creative process?
- What are effective methods for enhancing individual and team creativity skills?
The live portion will be followed by a full day of independent study (not a live event). The one-hour live e-symposium can be accessed from any computer anywhere in the world using a high-speed internet connection. After the event is over, you will receive via email information about accessing the asynchronous segment (not live) which consists of your independent study materials, to be accessed and studied at any time. You will be able to email responses to the readings, along with your study question answers for CEU credit (if you sign up for the extended package).