Larry Wickstrom is a geologist and President at Wickstrom Geoscience, LLC and former State Geologist of Ohio. Specializing in geologic mapping and analysis, prospect generation, geologic/economic reviews of properties and prospects. His career-long work on the Trenton Limestone and surrounding units has been key to the development of the Utica-Point Pleasant Shale Play in Ohio and the northern Appalachian Basin. He has performed many geological investigations of oil and gas, coal, coalbed methane, and geologic carbon sequestration in Ohio and surrounding states/basins which have led to over 40 publications.
- June 1980, Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology, Kent State University
- December 1982, Master of Science Degree in Geology, Kent State University
Wickstrom Geoscience, LLC
- 1983-1990: Geologist, Ohio Department of Natural Resources, Division of Geological Survey, Subsurface Geology Group.
- 1990-1996: Senior Geologist, Petroleum Geology Group and Division Information Technology Coordinator, Ohio Division of Geological Survey.
- 1996-2006: Supervisor, Energy Resources Group, Ohio Division of Geological Survey.
- 2006-2007: Assistant Chief, Ohio Division of Geological Survey.
- February 2007: Appointed State Geologist and Chief, Ohio Division of Geological Survey.