John R. Hogg is the owner and President of Skybattle Resources Ltd. and lives in Calgary Alberta. He started working in the Canadian Arctic in 1981 and for the majority of his career as an Exploration Geologist, Manager and exploration Vice President has explored for hydrocarbon in every Province and Territory in Canada except with a focus on exploring in the North Atlantic for more than twenty years. John graduated in Geology from McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario in 1981 and is a Professional Geologist registered in Newfoundland and Labrador, Alberta, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut. He is a Past President of the Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists and currently the President-Elect of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists and a Member of the Division of Professional Affairs and an Honorary member of the CSPG and AAPG.
- 1981 B.S., Geology, McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada
Skybattle Resources Ltd., Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- 2014-Present Skybattle Resources Ltd., Calgary, Owner and President
- 2007-14 MGM Energy Corp., Calgary, Vice President and Corporate Officer
- 2006-07 ConocoPhillips Canada, Calgary, Manager Western Canada New Ventures and Canadian Frontier Exploration
- 2005-06 Burlington Resources Canada, Calgary, Manager-New Ventures
- 1997-2005 PanCanadian/EnCana, Calgary, Vice President Atlantic Canada Exploration and Drilling, Offshore Business Unit
- 1988-97 Petro-Canada Inc., Calgary, Team Lead/Geological Specialist Atlantic Canada Business Unit
- 1984-88 Husky Oil Operations, Calgary, Senior Geologist, Offshore Nova Scotia Exploration Dept.
- 1981-84 Gulf Canada Resources, Calgary, Exploration Geologist, Arctic Exploration Team