Course will be held via Zoom: 16–18 November 2020, 8:00 am–12:00 pm (CDT)
This course will provide beginner or intermediate geoscience professionals with daily geochemical solutions to executional E&P projects from exploration to WIM/production and environmental footprints issues. The cases study covered here are under unconventional petroleum systems i.e. mainly thermal EOR and hybrid/shale plays areas. Mainly focusing on young reservoir and production geochemistry techniques disciplines. Each module objective will be achieved through challenging interactive exercises at the end of it.
Why This Class Stands Out
Unconventional/hybrid plays and thermal EOR petroleum geochemistry i.e. production geochemistry is a young discipline where there is an obvious need to be communicated/explained efficiently to a multidisciplinary team ranging from exploration appraisals including well delivery, reservoir management/development to production teams end point. It could impact towards lower cost through daily geochemical solutions for executional projects within a de-risking from exploration to production along the full segment business.
There are new topics to be covered under different area such as In-situ evaluation of produced gases, gas geochemistry, Barriers/Baffles-biomarkers, Tar Mat, H2S, geothermometry, Geochemical Modeling, Well Integrity Management/Environmental issues, aquathermolysis/sulfur management, Time Lapse Geochemistry hybrid plays, origin of shales gases/stable isotopes signatures, extract data from old preserved cores/malcolm, qemscan/ chemometrics correlations etc.
- Geochemical Modeling Concepts
- Steam Sampling
- Thermal Reservoir Mineralogical Transformations
- Thermal Water Fingerprinting/Scaling
- Tar Mats / Geochemistry Insights
- Time Lapse Geochemistry
- Barriers and Baffles
- Production Allocation and Reservoir Continuity Studies
- Gas Geochemistry for In-situ Fluids Distributions
- Gas Geochemistry Thermogenic and Biogenic
- Aqua thermolysis
Production Water Geochemistry
- Sand Control Screen Failure Geochemistry
- Intermediate Casing Scaling Inhibition
- Subsurface Sands 2-D Mapping/WIM
- Geochemical Re-design Approach Injector
- Thermal Geothermometry/Sand Control and Production