In taking this course, you will learn:
- How to Identify the most common rocks and minerals.
- The different types of crude oils and natural gasses and their measurements.
- The basic processes in the formation and deformation of sedimentary rocks.
- The formation of natural gas and crude oil.
- The occurrence and distribution of crude oil and natural gas.
- The characteristics of petroleum traps.
- The use of geological and seismic data in petroleum exploration.
- How to drill a well, the language, technique and equipment.
- How to test a well and qualitatively interpret well logs.
- How to complete a well, the language, techniques and equipment.
- The challenge of offshore exploration, drilling and production.
- How to produce crude oil and natural gas, calculate reserves, stimulate wells and improve oil recovery.