Awards are announced at the Student Chapter Reception at the AAPG Annual Convention and Exhibition each year.
- First place — $1,500
- Second place — $700
- Third place — $300
How are the Student Chapter YouTube Video Contest winners selected?
- Each member of the Student Chapter Committee votes once.
- An additional "popular vote" is taken into consideration- determined by number of views and likes the video receives after it is posted by AAPG staff to the official AAPG Student Programs Facebook Page. Videos will be posted by AAPG staff as they are submitted.
- Create an account and submit your video URL to the "AAPG Student Chapter YouTube Video Contest." Entries submitted on any other platform will not be accepted.
- Video should highlight your Student Chapter and your associated activities.
- Video should be three minutes or less in length.
- Only one video entry per AAPG Student Chapter.
- The contest typically opens in early Spring.
Submit Contest Video