International Conference & Exhibition October 23-26th, 2011 in Milan, Italy.
The events with a student/YP focus included field trips, core lab tours, an IBA preparation course, a sequence stratigraphy course and the student reception. The ICE YP Meet and Greet was largest on record at an international convention with over 100 students and 30 mentors. There was also a Network Challenge Competition and an award for the Best Research Paper.
- Eastern: Mike Sullivan, Lead
- Gulf Coast: Riyad Ali-Adeeb, Lead
- Mid-Continent: Romel Siddique, Lead
- Organized several happy hours in Oklahoma City.
- Hosted happy hour for IBA participants currently working at Chesapeake.
- Held a campus tour for local university students to familiarize them with the energy industry.
- Pacific: Jon Allen, Lead
- Organized several networking events (Bowling Night, Pint 4 Pint Night, Hockey night).
- More planned for the next few months: Career Panel, Pacific Section field trip.
- Rocky Mountain: Peter Bucknam, Lead
- Happy hour planned in February
- March lunch and learn
- Southwest: Scott Douglas, Lead
- Africa: Olatunbosun Oke, Lead
- Asia Pacific: Reetu Ragini, Lead
- YPs in Malaysia are coordinating IBA 2012 for Asia Pacific region which will take place online from 29 Feb 2012-2 March 2102.
- Trying to coordinate with local institutes for presenting small lectures/presentations on AAPG benefits.
- Canada: Ryan Lemiski, Lead
- European: Ruairi McDonald, Lead
- London: AAPG Career talks at Royal Holloway, Imperial College and Manchester Universities; AAPG-PESGB Christmas Quiz
- Copenhagen: Lecture on the “Early opening of the South Atlantic Ocean” by Colin Reeves and social event on 25 December
- Latin America: Ignacio Iregui, Lead
- Middle East: Anwar Al-Beaiji and Somaya Al-Radhi, Co-leads
- -Meet ‘n Greet and short courses at Geo 2012: The 10th Middle East Geosciences Conference and Exhibition (4-7 March 2012), Manama, Bahrain