AAPG once again will have a strong presence at the annual Offshore Technology Conference (OTC), set May 5-8 at the Reliant Center in Houston.
OTC, sponsored in part by AAPG, is regarded to be the world’s premiere event for the development of offshore resources in the areas of exploration, drilling, production and environmental protection.
OTC this year will be celebrating its 45th anniversary.
A large part of OTC’s appeal can be found in its enormous exhibits area, where more than 2,600 companies will be represented.
But just as important is OTC’s extensive technical program, which offers:
- Topical breakfasts and luncheons featuring senior executives who will share their views on future industry directions, operational integrity and risk management.
- Panel discussions led by experts and high-ranking government officials addressing issues related to public policy, energy development and health, safety and the environment.
- Peer-selected technical presentations on new technologies and case histories.
And as in past years, AAPG will be providing content for much of the technical program, including these AAPG-sponsored events:
Monday (May 5)
- 7:30-9 a.m. – Breakfast, featuring Silvia Peppoloni, on “Geoethics: A Way of Thinking and Practicing Geosciences.”
- 9:30-noon – Session on “Monitoring Techniques and Systems, Cradle to Cradle – A Vital Input to Reliability and Integrity Management Programs.”
- 2-4:30 p.m. – Session on “New Geophysical Approaches for Geohazard Consideration.”
Tuesday (May 6)
- 7:30-9 a.m. – Breakfast, featuring Kelley Elliott, 2020 LLC/Acentia Company contractor to NOAA Office of Ocean Exploration and Research, on “Community-Driven, Telepresence-Enabled Ocean Exploration on NOAA Ship Okeanos Explorer.”
- 9:30-noon – Session on “Marine Archaeology and Environmental Studies in the Offshore Oil and Gas Industry.”
- 2-4:30 p.m. – Session on “Emerging Offshore Geosciences Technologies.
- 4:45-6:30 p.m. – “Geosciences Day” reception, sponsored by AAPG and SEG.
Wednesday (May 7)
- 9:30-noon – Session on “Law of the Sea.”
- 2-4:30 p.m. – Technical sessions:
- “Petrotechnical Data Donation to Universities – Symposium on Results.”
- “Methane Hydrate Case Studies.”
- “Metocean – New Developments and Perspectives.”
Thursday (May 8)
- 9:30-noon – Technical sessions:
- “Development in Geotechnical Engineering.”
- “Global Review and Exploration for Methane Hydrates.
- 2-4:30 p.m. – Technical session on “Underwater Monitoring Network: Strategy and Case Studies.”
For more information go to the URTeC website.