Voting continues for the 2014-15 AAPG Executive Committee, with members having the option of casting a ballot either online or via mail.
Voting will remain open through May 15.
Biographical information on all six AAPG officer candidates for the 2014-15 Executive Committee, plus their responses on the topic: “Why I Accepted the Invitation to be a Candidate for an AAPG Office,” are available online.
Also available online are videos of all six candidates – featuring a conversational question-answer format – where they will remain throughout the election season.
The videos show candidates responding to six specific questions, and are intended to allow members around the world to have a better introduction to those running for office.
The person voted president-elect will serve in that capacity for one year and will be AAPG president for 2015-16. The terms for vice president-Sections and treasurer are two years.
View the videos now.
The slate is:
- Alfredo E. Guzmán, consultant, Veracruz, Mexico.
- John R. Hogg, MGM Energy Corp., Calgary, Canada.
- Steven H. Brachman, Wapiti Energy, Houston.
- Hannes E. Leetaru, Illinois State Geological Survey, Urbana, Ill.
- Vlastimila Dvorakova, Czech Geological Survey, Brno, Czech Republic.
- James W. Tucker, consultant, Houston.