Voting season for the 2014-15 AAPG Executive Committee officially opens March 3, with members having the option of casting a ballot either online or via mail.
Voting will remain open through May 15.
A special candidate voting guide (right) designed for the upcoming AAPG election period has been included in this month’s EXPLORER.
The six-page insert provides biographical information on all six AAPG officer candidates for the 2014-15 Executive Committee, plus their responses on the topic: “Why I Accepted the Invitation to be a Candidate for an AAPG Office.”
Videos of all six candidates – featuring a new question-answer format – continue to be available online, where they will remain throughout the election season.
The videos show candidates responding to six specific questions, and are intended to allow members around the world to have a better introduction to those running for office.
Biographies and individual information for the candidates also remain available on the website.
The person voted president-elect will serve in that capacity for one year and will be AAPG president for 2015-16. The terms for vice president-Sections and treasurer are two years.
View the videos now.
The slate is:
- Alfredo E. Guzmán, consultant, Veracruz, Mexico.
- John R. Hogg, MGM Energy Corp., Calgary, Canada.
- Steven H. Brachman, Wapiti Energy, Houston.
- Hannes E. Leetaru, Illinois State Geological Survey, Urbana, Ill.
- Vlastimila Dvorakova, Czech Geological Survey, Brno, Czech Republic.
- James W. Tucker, consultant, Houston.