It’s annual dues times – and perhaps a good time to remind everyone that AAPG offers a plethora of benefits. So many, in fact, that you may be missing out on some of the rewards of membership.
All members likely are aware of their publications benefit – because the EXPLORER andBULLETIN arrive every month – but there’s much more.
- Members receive discounts on bookstore purchases, meeting registrations, short courses and field trips.
- Active members can vote in officer elections, sponsor Active applicants to join or chair a committee.And Active members who are 65 and have a minimum of 30 years of cumulative membership can request Emeritus status – and then save 50 percent on their annual dues and registration fees for ACE and ICE.
- Active and Associate members have online access to all BULLETIN archives; student members have access to the previous two years.
- The newest benefit is the Career Center (careercenter.aapg.org), our resume/job posting service, where members also can sign up for the Member Registry list their experience and areas of interest – and search for other members who share these interests.
- AAPG members can apply for membership in one or all of our divisions: Division of Professional Affairs (certification of professional geologists, petroleum geophysicists and coal geologists), the Energy Minerals Division and the Division of Environmental Geoscientists.
Need info on these? Contact Norma Newby via email at 918-560-2613.
- There are personal benefits, too, like access to life/health/auto/home insurance and car rental discounts.
Complete details of AAPG’s membership benefits are available online.
Perhaps one of the most important benefits is belonging to a professional community of geoscientists who share the same passion and dedication to advance the science of geology, foster scientific research and promote technology.
And we all want to keep a good thing going, right?
Renewal of your annual dues and contributions to the AAPG Foundation helps us maintain current programs and services and unearth new opportunities.
So remember: Renew before July 1 to keep your membership in good standing. Members paying with a credit card can renew online or via fax to 918-560-2694.
Remember, too, to include your full name and member number.
Of course, you can return your dues statement and payment the traditional ways – via mail or by calling AAPG headquarters at 918-584-2555.
And if you know someone who is a potential member you can help them to join by downloading forms – or applicants can apply online.
Finally, remember that by recruiting someone for Active membership (new, reinstate or transfer) you will receive points that can be redeemed for prizes. You receive reward and recognition for recruiting – and your colleague receives the benefits of membership.
More questions? Contact us by email or phone at 918-584-2555.