Videos of all six AAPG officer candidates for the 2013-15 Executive Committee – featuring a new question-answer format – continue to be available online, where they will remain through the election season.
Also available on the website are biographies and individual information for the candidates.
The candidate videos are presented in a new format that shows them responding to six specific questions, intended to allow members around the world to have a better introduction to those running for office.
Printed information on the candidates also will be included in the March EXPLORER. Ballots will be mailed and online voting will begin in spring 2014.
The person voted president-elect will serve in that capacity for one year and will be AAPG president for 2015-16. The terms for vice president and treasurer are two years.
To view the videos, go online.
The slate is:
- Alfredo E. Guzmán, consultant, Veracruz, Mexico.
- John R. Hogg, MGM Energy Corp., Calgary, Canada.
- Steven H. Brachman, Wapiti Energy, Houston.
- Hannes E. Leetaru, Illinois State Geological Survey, Urbana, Ill.
- Vlastimila Dvorakova, Czech Geological Survey, Brno, Czech Republic.
- James W. Tucker, consultant, Houston.