Biographies and individual information for the 2008-09 slate of AAPG officer candidates are available online.
Included are the responses from each candidate as to why they chose to stand for AAPG office – or, in the case of the petition candidate, why he chose to seek office.
The president-elect winner will serve as AAPG president in 2009-10. The terms for both vice president-Sections and treasurer are two years.
The candidate slate is:
- John C. Lorenz, Geoflight LLC, Edgewood, N.M.
- Dwight M. “Clint” Moore, DiamondStar Exploration & Production LLC, Houston (petition candidate).
- Ronald A. Nelson, Broken N Consulting, Cat Spring, Texas.
- David H. Hawk, Energy Analysis and Answers/Consultant, Boise, Idaho.
- W.C. “Rusty” Riese, BP Americas, Katy, Texas.
- Edith C. Allison, U.S. Department of Energy, Washington, D.C.
- Kay L. Pitts, Aera Energy LLC, Bakersfield, Calif.