Ballots have been mailed and voting begins this month in the election of new officers for the AAPG 2012-13 Executive Committee.
Voting will remain open through May 15.
To assist in the voting process, a special AAPG candidate insert has been included in this EXPLORER, offering a convenient compilation of biographies and individual information for all candidates.
Candidate bios, written responses to the question of why they accepted the invitation to stand for office plus video comments from each candidate, filmed at last year’s AAPG Leadership Days event in Boulder, Colo., remain available on the AAPG website.
The president-elect winner will serve in that capacity for one year and will be AAPG president in 2013-14. The vice president-Sections and secretary will serve two-year terms, beginning July 1.
The slate is:
- Donald D. Clarke, geological consultant, Lakewood, Calif.
- Lee Krystinik, Fossil Creek Resources, Arlington, Texas.
- Thomas E. Ewing, Frontera Exploration Consultants, San Antonio.
- Kenneth E. Nemeth, Schlumberger Seismic Reservoir Characterization, Houston.
- Rebecca L. Dodge, Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, Texas.
- Deborah K. Sacrey, Auburn Energy, Houston.