Balloting for AAPG officer candidates for the 2010-11 term will be available March 3 and will close May 15 at 11:59 p.m. CDT.
While electronic balloting is available to all members a paper ballot also will be sent.
Survey and Ballot Systems, which handles the AAPG election, has a coded system where only one ballot per person is counted, with the paper ballot taking precedent if both are submitted.
Candidate biographies and individual information continue to be available online.
This year’s slate involves candidates for four positions:
- Ernest A. Mancini, Texas A&M, College Station, Texas.
- Paul Weimer, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colo.
- Marvin D. Brittenham, EnCana Oil & Gas (USA), Denver.
- Charles A. Sternbach, Star Creek Energy, Houston.
- James S. McGhay, Mid-Con Energy, Tulsa.
- James W. Tucker, Saudi Aramco, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- Ashton F. Embry, GSC, Calgary, Canada.
- Stephen E. Laubach, Bureau of Economic Geology, University of Texas at Austin.