Videos of all six AAPG officer candidates for the 2014-15 Executive Committee – featuring a new question-answer format – continue to be available online, where they will remain through the election season.
Also available on the website are biographies and individual information for the candidates.
The candidate videos are presented in a new format that shows them responding to six specific questions, intended to allow members around the world to have a better introduction to those running for office.
Those questions include:
- When and how did you decide to become a geologist – and why?
- What has been your experience with AAPG?
- What is the main issue facing the profession today?
- How could you help AAPG be a better association?
- Why did you agree to stand for office?
Printed information on the candidates also will be included in an EXPLORER in early 2014. Ballots will be mailed and online voting will begin in spring 2014.
The person voted president-elect will serve in that capacity for one year and will be AAPG president for 2015-16. The terms for vice president and treasurer are two years.
To view the videos, go online to
The slate is:
- Alfredo E. Guzmán, consultant, Veracruz, Mexico.
- John R. Hogg, MGM Energy Corp., Calgary, Canada.
- Steven H. Brachman, Wapiti Energy, Houston.
- Hannes E. Leetaru, Illinois State Geological Survey, Urbana, Ill.
- Vlastimila Dvorakova, Czech Geological Survey, Brno, Czech Republic.
- James W. Tucker, consultant, Houston.