AAPG’s three Divisions have announced the results of their officer elections. The respective executive committees will be seated on July 1.
The results are:
Division of Environmental Geosciences
- President-elect (president 2010-11) – Mary K. Harris, Savannah River National Laboratory, Aiken, S.C.
- Vice president (2009-10) – Jeffrey G. Paine, University of Texas at Austin, Texas.
- Secretary-Treasurer (2009-11) – Douglas Carlson, Louisiana Geological Survey, Denham Springs, La.
They will join a DEG Executive Committee for 2009-10 that also includes Michael A. Jacobs, Pioneer Natural Resources, Midland, Texas, president; James W. Castle, Clemson University, Clemson, S.C., editor; and Rebecca Dodge, Midwestern State University, Wichita Falls, Texas, past-president.
Division of Professional Affairs
- President-elect (president 2010-11) – Daniel J. Tearpock, Subsurface Consultants & Associates, Houston.
- Vice president (2009-10) – Michael R. Canich Jr., Equitable Production, Pittsburgh.
- Secretary (2009-11) – Paul H. Pause, consultant, Midland, Texas.
They will join a DPA Executive Committee for 2009-10 that also includes Paul W. Britt, Texplore Inc., Houston, president; Michael A. Fogarty, consultant, Canaan, N.H., treasurer; and Rick L. Ericksen, State Board of Registered Professional Geologists, Jackson, Miss., past-president.
Energy Minerals Division
- President-elect (president 2010-11) – Michael D. Campbell, M.D., Campbell and Associates, Houston.
- Vice president (2009-10) – Fran Hein, Alberta Energy Resource Conservation Board, Calgary, Canada.
- Treasurer (2009-11) – Kent Bowker, Bowker Petroleum, The Woodlands, Texas.
Newly elected EMD Councilors (2009-11 term) are:
- Gulf Coast – Michael A. Wiley, The Consulting Operation, Canyon Lake, Texas.
- Southwest – J. Michael Party, Wagner & Brown, Midland, Texas.
They will join an EMD Executive Committee for 2009-10 that also includes Frank E. Walles, Devon Energy, The Woodlands, Texas, president; and Amy E. Sullivan, Shell, Houston, secretary.