The technical program has been finalized and registration is open for this year’s AAPG International Conference and Exhibition (ICE), set Sept. 14-17 in Istanbul, Turkey.
The theme for the meeting – hosted by the Turkish Association of Petroleum Geologists and the AAPG European and Middle East Regions – is “The Spirit Between Continents: Energy Geosciences in a Changing World.”
Organizers said the technical program will provide the latest in science – not only for regional plays, but also geological advances from around the world.
The technical program themes include:
- New and Emerging E&P Provinces.
- E&P in Mature Basins.
- Regional Geology and Tectonics.
- G&G Integration.
- Unconventional Resources.
- Conventional Resources.
- Petroleum Systems and Geochemistry.
- Siliciclastics and Carbonates.
- Structural Geology and Traps.
- Health, Safety, Environment Geology and Hydrogeology.
- History of Petroleum Geology.
Several special forums are planned, including:
- Technical Innovation and Collaboration – Keys to Affordable Energy.
- Tethys Evolution.
- Sessions honoring the careers and work of AAPG legendary geologists Peter Ziegler and Dave Roberts.
- The newest presentation of the Discovery Thinking Forum, this time offering specific talks on northern Iraq, India’s Barmer Basin, Yemen’s Habban Field and Oman’s Mabrouk deep gas discovery.
This year’s event marks the first time an ICE has been held in Istanbul, but the meeting has other historical significance: For the first time, an ICE will incorporate AAPG’s regional Prospect and Property Expo (APPEX), which will offer its own exploration-themed presentations and exhibits alongside those of ICE.
APPEX is the key forum for networking and international deal development, carefully designed for participants to meet, discuss and negotiate deals with global decision makers.
Complete ICE details and registration information can be found online at