Explorer Issue: Explorer Issue
Current Issue: September 2015
Iran is back, and everybody is wondering – will there be a new surge in an already glutted oil market?
As our annual International Spotlight issue, the September Explorer includes a detailed analysis of Iran's potential impact as it prepares to return to the world oil stage.
Other stories include a look at the many ongoing deepwater projects in the Gulf of Mexico, as well as several reports tied to the outstanding technical program at this month’s annual AAPG-SEG International Conference and Exhibition (ICE) in Melbourne, Australia.
Other stories include:
- A report on research by major oil companies on the prevention and treatment of oil spills.
- A profile on AAPG Outstanding Explorer, Hans Rønnevik of Norway.
- A look back at a century of oil production in Angola.
- A celebration of the life of Yang Yi, China’s first female geologist.
- A look at this year’s Student Chapter videos and the fledgling geologists behind them.
The AAPG EXPLORER is the monthly tabloid magazine of the American Association of Petroleum Geologists that covers news of interest to the AAPG membership. Contents include coverage of the entire span of energy interest, with emphasis on exploration for hydrocarbons and energy minerals. Breaking news stories, features, profiles of personalities, comment columns and Association information is included.
The AAPG EXPLORER is read by more than 42,000 members and friends of the Association in 129 countries.