The videos for those who have agreed to stand for election to serve on the Executive Committee next fiscal year are now available. These are brief biographical introduction videos, intended to allow Members around the world to meet the candidates on a virtual basis.
In April more videos will be provided. These follow a Q&A format that allow each candidate the opportunity to talk about themselves, their experiences and their goals and visions for AAPG.
Also available are individual biographies and written responses where each candidate explains "Why I Accepted the Invitation to be a Candidate for an AAPG Office."
Voting will begin March 31 and conclude May 15. Members receive ballots in their email and a printed ballot in their mailbox. Membership may vote by mail or electronically. If both options are used, the mailed printed ballot will be used as the official vote cast by members.
The person voted president-elect will serve in that capacity for one year and will be AAPG president for the following fiscal year. The terms for vice presidents, treasurer or secretary are two years each.
The slate is:
- Paul W. Britt, Texplore Inc., Houston.
- Gretchen M. Gillis, Aramco Services Co., Houston.
- Adebayo O. Akinpelu, Fixital Ltd., Lagos, Nigeria.
- Peter M. Lloyd, Asia Pacific Training Ltd., Falicon, France.
- Heather L. LaReau, Noble Energy Inc., Denver.
- Nicole S. Morris, FireWheel Energy LLC, Fort Worth, Texas.