Designed to have immediate bearing on the continued and future success in exploration, development, and operations, AAPG Forum events maximize knowledge transfer by encouraging lively interaction and thoughtful consideration of experts findings, experience and insights. AAPG’s upcoming Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum will offer just that. Practicing experts will provide in-depth presentations on the latest findings regarding the productive extent and producibility in the Granite Wash of Oklahoma and Texas, along with Pennsylvanian sand producing horizons. This intensive one-day forum will be taking place September 25, 2014 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma at the Skirvin Hilton Hotel. For more information: Granite Wash and Pennsylvanian Sand Forum
You will learn…
Starting with a big picture view and new understanding about basin modeling, heat flow, and migration, participants will learn about new ways to map the reservoirs. Then they will learn petrophysical and geomechanical methods for understanding fluid flow, new ways to use 3D seismic and seismic attributes for identifying sweet spots, methods for predicting location of new reservoirs / step-outs, using new geology / geophysical information for optimizing drilling, completion, and stimulation. Concepts, research results, and case studies will be foregrounded.
- Integration of petrophysics, geomechanics, geochemistry, and 3D seismic
- Techniques for identifying sweet spots
- Fluid behaviors and flow
- New reservoirs / step-outs
- Optimizing horizontal drilling: well spacing-Integrating geology and geophysics to optimize completion designs and stimulation
- Proppant behavior given reservoir conditions
- Identifying locations with high-yield reservoirs and/or locations
- Stacked pays and pad-drilling in the Granite Wash
For registration and full event details please visit: HERE!