The abstracts submission site is now closed. Authors will be notified in December of their acceptance.
Items to keep in mind
- Abstracts should cover the objectives, procedures, results and conclusions of the research and should be no more than 2,500 characters in length including spaces and punctuations. The title, authors, and authors’ affiliations are not included in the character limit.
- Evaluation and ranking of abstracts are based on relevance and timeliness of subject matter; usefulness of contribution to the advancement of knowledge, techniques or practice; and overall clarity, organization and presentation of ideas.
- Titles are required — they should be brief and state the topic.
- Abstract titles should not include company names.
- In keeping with the spirit of the convention, presenters must refrain from making subtle or blatant sales pitches including but not limited to: repeated use of product names, trade names or pictures, or repeated use of company logo.
- Student submissions are encouraged to all sessions.
- Submit your abstract in the form in which you would like it published. Abstracts will not be edited.
- Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection in November 2012.
- Authors of accepted abstracts will have the option to submit an extended version of their abstract which will then be reproduced on CD-ROM and made available at the convention. Authors are invited to have their work, both oral and poster presentations, published on AAPG’s online Search and Discovery to preserve their work for future reference.
- Poster booth size has not been determined at this time. Each poster booth will be either equipped with three (3) Velcro-surface boards measuring 4 feet high by 8 feet wide with the long dimension being horizontal or consist of five (5) connecting vertical panels with each panel measuring 3 feet wide by 8 feet high. Final booth space will be announced in the poster kit and sent to all confirmed poster presenters prior to the start of the convention.
Important: AAPG has no funding for speakers. Do not submit an abstract unless at least one author is certain to attend the convention. All session chairs, speakers and poster presenters must register to attend the convention. No exceptions will be made.