All Field Trips will depart from and return to the David L. Lawrence Convention Center unless otherwise noted.
- IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING FIELD TRIPS
Field trips are limited in size and are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis and must be accompanied by full payment.
- If you do not plan on attending the convention, a $30 enrollment fee will be added to the field trip fee. This fee may be applied toward registration if you decide to attend the convention at a later date.
- A wait list is automatically created if a field trip sells out. The AAPG Convention Department will notify you if space becomes available.
- Before purchasing non-refundable airline tickets, confirm that the trip will take place, as trips may be cancelled if undersubscribed.
- To help us better anticipate the number of attendees and avoid premature cancellation of field trips, please register well before 9 April 2013. Field trip cancellations due to low enrollment will be considered at this time. No refunds will be allowed on field trips after this date.
- We will continue to take registrations for field trips not cancelled, either until they are sold out or closed.
- It is important that you note your gender when registering for hotel room assignments.
- Several weeks prior to the field trip, you will receive an itinerary with details of meetings points, transportation with the trip phone and fax numbers and e-mail addresses of hotels and trip leaders, etc.
- Proper clothing and supplies are needed for the outdoors (hat, windbreaker, sturdy footwear, sunscreen and rucksack).
- Depending on location, temperatures can range from 50 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit with or without rain. Participants are advised to check local weather forecasts for latest updates. Insect repellant and sun protection (sunscreen and hats) are recommended.
- Neither AAPG nor field trip leaders and their employers maintain insurance covering illness or injury for individuals.
There are a limited number of discounted registrations available for students on a first-come, first-served basis. If a discounted space is still available when you register online it will show up during the registration process. If discounted spots are no longer available, you may register at the full fee; if we are able to add additional discounted spots we will refund the difference at that time.