About ICE 2011 in Milan
We look forward to seeing you in Milan, Italy, for the AAPG 2011 International Conference & Exhibition (ICE), 23-26 October, where, in the spirit of Leonardo Da Vinci, we will discuss the latest advances in Petroleum Geosciences.
Leonardo da Vinci, whose geological and paleontological observations and theories anticipated many modern principles of geology, worked in Milan for many years. It is therefore fitting that the technical programme for the 2011 ICE takes inspiration from Da Vinci’s genius to look at innovation in petroleum geosciences. Also, Milan is located at the foot of the Alps, where spectacular carbonate outcrops provide analogues for many of the world’s carbonate reservoirs.
With this inspiring background a technical program has been put together that will look at advances in all the hot topics of petroleum geology, from carbonate reservoirs (main theme) to geoscience applications, from global tectonics to reservoir characterization and management, from unconventional reservoirs and resources to leading-edge technologies. A special topic on exploration & production in the Alpine-Himalaya Fold Belt and Foreland Basins, discussed at the foot of the mountain chain from which the Alpine system drew its name, contributes to making this conference a landmark event. Don’t miss it!
Here is what your full conference registration includes:
- Admission to the Opening Ceremony and Icebreaker Reception
- Entrance to 5 special forums and special sessions
- Access to the 500+ oral and poster presentations in the comprehensive Technical Program
- Entrance into the Exhibition Hall where you’ll find a display of new technologies, services and products
- The opportunity to see the Da Vinci Exhibit of Machines on display in the Exhibition Hall
- A chance to network with an international mix of the brightest minds in geosciences
- A copy of the Abstracts CD
Looking for more information about ACE 2011 or other AAPG events? Use your smart phone to view our mobile website, or click the icons to visit these professional networking/social media sites.
Find the AAPG Group and event postings.
Look for our page, AAPG Events.
Follow us at www.twitter.com/aapg_events, use hash tags #AAPG #ICE2011
Follow the AAPGevents and AAPG Channels to see what's happening at AAPG